11:52 AM
Ok� after resting for 2 whole days, I�m finally ready to gush all about grad nite (its rather energy sapping huh?)
I tot I looked a bit like a mamasan tho� with the shawl and my hair piled up.. but Jaz said I looked glam, so� I�ll juz go with her comment� heh good comments are always better than negative ones�
Saving the good things for the last, I�ll juz start with the negative events first� firstly, the emcee was a big boo-boo� he was damn crass! Jokes like grabbing a guy�s third leg do NOT work well with the TJ crowd, or at least with me and my girls� we were all rolling our eyes before we even got halfway thru dinner� bad choice of a emcee!
Now for the memorable events� one outstanding fact at grad nite was the sheer number of photographs taken� I tink we muz have hit at least 400 photos in total for the girls� clique� maybe even 500� Zihui and I finished one roll of flim even before dinner started� and Joan alone took 240 shots on her new digicam� there were serious shots, beautiful shots, funny shots, sultry shots (??) and bimbo shots (as usual). Towards the end of grad nite, even rite up to the last min before we boarded the cab we were still clicking away� and I kept blinking at the flashes (my eyes were tired) and the smile plastered on my face was trembling away at the edges� I was worried those shots might turn out wobbly�
Everyone, and I seriously mean almost everyone, looked glamourous (well except for a few weird ones, like that guy who wore the shiny silver sequinned dinner jacket� what was he trying to prove??) I didn�t notice much about the guys� outfits� I mean, how different can they be? But juz take a look at the girls� gowns and dresses� they were absolutely breath-taking. Gowns with short trains trailing behind them (i.e. June, and Jaz, whose train was being continually trodden on), gowns which tapered to the waist and flared out in classic ball skirt style (I quite liked Liting�s gown), gowns with interesting designs at the back, and dresses which made people look twice at them (i.e. Janice, whose white dress attracted looks and comments because of the low back to the waist and the very short mini skirt. From the back it looked as tho there was onli a strip of cloth covering the base of her waist and a small piece of cloth to cover her butt� and the rest was bare skin. But I muz say, she does have the figure to carry it off�) and of course they were identical dresses in different colours� no prizes for guessing which designer created that dress� yes, Daniel Yam. People should avoid getting prom dresses at Daniel Yam�s, not becuz the designs aren�t good but cuz everyone�s getting their dresses there! I mean, I saw two identical Daniel Yam dresses in baby blue and black at grad nite, and honestly, isn�t it a little embarrassing to wear the same dress as someone else? I would be positively mortified. (ok that sounded a little bimbotic, but honestly! Same dresses? No way!)
There weren�t any elaborate hairstyles or any particular hairstyle that caught my eye� so yeah, nada on hairstyles. But I must give the Most Co-ordinated prize to our dear Marie, cuz I tink out of so many girls and dresses I�ve noticed, she was the onli one who really co-ordinated the colour of her accessories and dress and shoes really well. Plus her hairstyle, tho nothing fancy (erm� I dunno if u considered curls fancy?), was really matching and befitting of her dress� it complemented the cutting and design of her dress entirely and she looked just gorgeous and wonderful� =)
Ok I tink I�ve said quite a lot on the subject of grad nite, and its time to wrap up� well ppl, juz look out for the grad nite photos I�ll be posting on here for all to see k? If I ever manage to post them online, that is�.

