10:36 PM
Decisions
i have decided. ntu/nie's the one for me.
and the deciding factor was... SM Lee Kuan Yew.
yes, no kidding. even when i made the decision to study at nie laz nite, i was still full of questions and doubts. but after watching the interview with SM Lee, my doubts vanished. it surprised me when he said that if course, it would be wonderful of Singapore could produce people who excel in both English and Chinese- people who can read, write and express themselves fluently in both languages as well as have a background knowledge of both languages' literature and culture. i was surprised, mainly because that was what i had been working towards to achieve: excellence in both languages. and he emphasized on the importance of the chinese language (i translate from his mandarin speech): "If you're a youngster aged 18 or 19, where does your future lie? (you) cannot rely entirely on America (and the western countries). China and India will be good (in the future)... Asia twenty years from now will be very different from the Asia today." a sense of relief mixed with determination met with his speech; i sighed inwardly, for i now had no more doubts on taking chinese.
Thank You, Lord. Thank You for helping me, as always, to arrive at a decision that was so difficult to make just yesterday night. Thank You, Lord. i found these lyrics on Lianya's blog, and i want to dedicate it to the Lord who has made everything possible in my life. Amen.
You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban
Closer
When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.

